incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <>
Subject RE: log4net 1.2.9 beta release
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:46:53 GMT
Given that there seem to be no remaining objections for releasing a
snapshot of log4net, as already mentioned in [1], I intend to report
back to the LS PMC that the Incubator PMC approves a snapshot release
for log4net 1.2.9 beta.  If I am misjudging the overall sentiment of
this PMC, please correct me before tomorrow morning.

At 07:45 PM 3/15/2005, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> > Nicko Cadell wrote:
> > > While we are actively working towards meeting the exit requirements we
> > > currently feel that it would benefit the project greatly to make a
> > > development (beta) release available now.
> > There is at least one precedent.
>There is plenty of precedent.  Once the other issues were cleared up, I had
>no issue with them posting a build during incubation.  Roy and I just differ
>with Roy on the issue of promoting a codebase before it has a community.
>The two issues are separable.
>         --- Noel

Ceki Gülcü

   The complete log4j manual: