incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: log4net 1.2.9 beta release
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2005 12:36:03 GMT
At 09:46 PM 3/10/2005, Roy T.Fielding wrote:

>| ....-..-.. | Add all active committers in the STATUS file.

The STATUS.txt file should be updated by Nicko within the next few days.

>is done and the logging PMC is ready to accept responsibility,
>then I think log4net should graduate from incubator.  +1

One of the main objectives for 2005 of Logging Services PMC  is to have
log4net graduate from the incubator. Thus, I am very encouraged by your +1,
albeit conditional, vote for the graduation of log4net.

At this juncture, the Logging Services PMC is only seeking for the
authorization to release a snapshot version of log4net. We are not yet
asking for its graduation. Even if I'd very much like to say: "let's do it,
let's graduate log4net," I do not have the formal backing of the LS PMC,
for the simple reason that the question has never been raised by the LS
PMC, nor for that matter, by the log4net project itself.

I think it is fairly safe to say that there are no remaining objections for
releasing a snapshot of log4net. Unless I hear otherwise before next
Wednesday morning, I intend report back to the LS PMC that the Incubator
PMC approves the aforementioned snapshot release. Please correct me if I am
misjudging the overall sentiment of this PMC.

--
Ceki Gülcü