incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject log4net related IP questions
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 14:22:51 GMT

I am quite embarrassed to ask but what is the foundation's position on
distributing code which depends on the following environments?

- Mono 1.0 (GPL)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 & 1.1 & Compact Framework 1.0 (Closed Source)
- Microsoft SSCLI 1.0 (Shared Source)

It seems very similar to the situation encountered by all our projects
based on the Java language which is licensed under somewhat ambiguous terms.

Nicko Cadell has compiled a list [1] of additional log4net dependencies.
Could someone of a higher authority confirm that they are OK? In
particular, log4net is built using GPL-licensed Nant, is that a problem
from the foundation's point of view?

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=log4net-dev&m=111037622301905&w=2

--
Ceki Gülcü