incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <>
Subject Re: log4net 1.2.9 beta release
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 11:38:39 GMT

The foundation records attest that a software grant has been signed by
Richard Hobbs of Neoworks Limited for the log4net source code. Public
mailing lists indicate that this was done around 2004-01-26 after which the
software was imported into the logging-log4net CVS repository.

The foundation records also attest that log4net committers

   Nicko Cadell <>
   Gert Driesen <>
   Niall Daley  <>

have sent in their signed CLAs.

It also appears that all log4net code has been updated to reflect the new
ASF copyright. I did not yet verify the question of redistribution of
software originating outside the ASF and the subsidiary question of
approved licenses.

At 08:14 PM 3/8/2005, Roy T.Fielding wrote:
>On Mar 7, 2005, at 8:05 AM, Ceki Gülcü wrote:
>>Is there any opposition or reservations in relation to the log4net
>>snapshot release mentioned by Nicko and myself a few days ago?
>>If not could we allow log4net to move forward?
>If the subproject has cleared its IP issues sufficient to make
>a release, then it really should be graduated from incubator first.
>After all, the logging PMC is already established and should take
>custody of the code before we make a release (unlike TLP incubating
>projects that may be waiting for a community to be established).
>I will note, however, that
>indicates that none of the IP issues have been cleared, and thus
>we cannot release the code.  -1
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

Ceki Gülcü