incubator-general mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <shane_curc...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Donation of JAXP 1.3 Sources to Apache
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 17:18:08 GMT
Excellent news!  Thank to Sun folk and Geir for picking up the ball on
this one.

Note: once the papers are in the Hallowed Halls, I presume that Neeraj
will get some consensus from xml-commons, xalan-dev, and xerces-j-dev as
to how to actually check this in?  I'm presuming you have someone with
commit access to xml-commons, which is the pre-existing home for JAXP.
(Although incubator should check the legal issues, I don't think the
code needs to checkin thru there).

But I know Xerces and Xalan may have specific dependencies on
xml-commons code, so we probably need to branch to allow current
versions to work as-is and let them plan new versions with 1.3 support.

- Shane