incubator-general mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>
Subject Re: Incubator representative?
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:54:34 GMT
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Ceki [iso-8859-1] Gülcü wrote:
> How can a single bad project destroy most of what the foundation has
> accomplished?

By having the solitary developer incorporate code they don't have the
rights to, and no one around looking over their shoulder to peer review,
leading to a lawsuit that results in depleting dollars and momentum from
the organization.

Or, by running a project with such brazen disregard for quality or user
consideration that they end up hurting the public's perception that
the Apache brand stands for something meaningful; that it instead stands
for allowing lots of small ponds with one big fish each.

Lots of different scenarios.  Each of which could have a comeback, but the
comebacks don't deny the possibility.

> My sense of these discussions is that many old Apache members have
> argued about these question so many times that there is not much
> interest to rehash the issues all over again.

Yes, that would be called progress.  :)

 	Brian