incubator-general mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Lucene4c
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:58:21 GMT
On Feb 14, 2005, at 12:36 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

> On Feb 14, 2005, at 10:23 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>
>> All donated code should really go through the Incubator, even if only
>> do the required IP checklist.
>
> Right.
>
> By my question is why doesn't this go through the Lucene project?  The
> Lucene PMC could bring the codebase into their project and register
> the IP stuff here w/ the incubator.

Is there some precedent for this?  I'm not sure what is meant by
"register the IP stuff here".  Could you elaborate on what this
entails.

I'd gladly bring the codebase into Lucene's repository if that is the
consensus.  It was created entirely by Garrett and he's agreed to
donate it, so the IP should be pretty clear cut.

	Erik