incubator-general mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Lucene4c
Date Sat, 26 Feb 2005 13:14:31 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Oh, i hate to see stuff go unanswered - i don't know the procedure either
> but will try my best. With the outcome of this we should create a
> very simple Guidelines document to show the steps.
>
> Erik Hatcher wrote:
>
>>If there are things that I can do to give Garrett karma or update the
>>website, let me know.  I'm not quite sure how I fit in and what powers
>>I have to push things without assistance.
>

> Has the project been accepted for incubation? I didn't see any
> firm conclusion to the Proposal thread.
>
> I suppose that the steps are:
> 1) Confirm acceptance.

Here's Erik's response stating that the Lucene PMC voted to accept it:

http://mail-archives.eu.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200502.mbox/%3ca081ef5ccf87c025031b94cad2b88f80@ehatchersolutions.com%3e

The actual thread on the Lucene list where the vote happened starts here:

http://mail-archives.eu.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-lucene-dev/200502.mbox/%3c7ffeb14526698b51dbd61174c8a42984@ehatchersolutions.com%3e

> 2) Add the status page and update website:
> http://incubator.apache.org/howtoparticipate.html#Updating+the+site
> As a mentor, Erik, you should be able to add it. If someone can clarify
> the acceptance then i will add it.
>
> 3) Ask infrastructure@ to set up the resources.
> Erik, Garrett: Scan the incubator mail archives to see how others did it.
> I see that Nutch added Jira issues for each component.

Sounds like a plan.  I'll file issues in Jira later today.

Thanks,

-garrett