incubator-general mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Lucene4c
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 01:11:55 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:

> Getting the Forrest website going would be a good step to tackle.  See
> the Incubator site for some details, as well as cloning how Nutch is set
> up:
>
>     http://incubator.apache.org/projects/nutch.html

Well, I don't think I have the karma to commit to the incubator section
of the repository, but here's a diff to create a page similar to the
Nutch one.  If someone can either commit this or tell me what needs to
be done to get me the appropriate karma so I can update it myself I'd
appreciate it.

There seems to be some variation between the various incubator projects,
some use lists and web sites at incubator.apache.org, some use ones at
their sponsoring project.  I went the same way Nutch did, with lists at
the incubator, if this is incorrect let me know and I'll correct it.
Also, nutch listed their non-apache web site as the "Project Website",
so I've done the same, I hope that's correct.

There are also TODO items on the list that we've accomplished (like
having the Lucene PMC vote on acceptance), but I figure it's best to
leave everything incomplete until this gets into Subversion, then make
incremental changes so there's a record of each thing happening.

-garrett