incubator-general mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Lucene4c
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:41:59 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

> On Feb 14, 2005, at 10:23 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>
>> All donated code should really go through the Incubator, even if only to
>> do the required IP checklist.
>

> Right.
>
> By my question is why doesn't this go through the Lucene project?  The
> Lucene PMC could bring the codebase into their project and register the
> IP stuff here w/ the incubator.
>
> I hope I'm just misunderstanding, but this appears to be a proposal to
> create a new project at the ASF called "Lucene4c"

The proposal was to create Lucene4c as a a subproject of the Lucene TLP.
  We weren't clear what the best way to proceed was, so Erik had me make
a proposal here.  If instead we can just go through the Lucene PMC
that's fine with me, but I was under the impression that new subprojects
are supposed to go through the incubator.  I know that's what happened
with the HTTPD-CLI project, for example.

-garrett