incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [VOTE] Directory exiting Incubator
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 00:00:54 GMT
Hello,

On behalf of the Apache Directory Project Team, this is a VOTE for
Directory to exit the Incubator.  For more information on the project
and its status see the following status page and the Directory Project's
website here:

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/directory.html

http://incubator.apache.org/directory/

The Directory Project has been undergoing incubation since October 2003
in an effort to gel community around a directory server and what was
once naming commons.  While under incubation, we have been very
successful.  There server and naming code have matured nicely.  We
recently released the server, ApacheDS, and Apache Naming. There is a
considerable active community around the code base.  The intellectual
property and trademark issues have all been resolved.  Members of the
community work well and amicably with one another.  More people are
joining the community every day.

We feel that at this point we can continue to sustain growth and operate
as a TLP outside of the incubator.

 -The Directory Project Team

[ ] Graduate the Directory Project
[ ] Abstain
[ ] Keep incubating the Directory Project