incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 'Stable' URL for podlings (Derby in particular)
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:24:38 GMT
I would like to note, that the installation of an Eclipse Plugin may
include, that the user explicitly accepts a license. This is quite
comparable to accepting the ASL when using the Apache httpd installer
or the Jakarta Tomcat installer on Windows.

This license can, of course, change with any relase. In particular, it
might contain the typical incubator README in a prominent position
(for example at the top), while the project is incubating. Also, this
README might be dropped as soon as the project has passed incubation.

IMO, that reduces the problem to the URL. My believe is, that this is
quite comparable to the CVS URL's or to mailing list URL's. AFAIK, the
policy so far has been, that these are not necessarily
incubator.apache.org URL's. At least not, if the project came into the
incubator through another project. (For example,
log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org and not
log4cxx-user@incubator.apache.org.)

Jochen

--