incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: 'Stable' URL for podlings (Derby in particular)
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 19:52:09 GMT
For what do you nee

Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> The update system Eclipse uses requires stable (unchanging) URLs
> for the plugins.  We'd like to get the Derby plugin for Eclipse
> into that system, which means we'd like to see about getting a
> URL which won't change when/if Derby graduates.

In what address space?   Please be specific.  Are we talking about something
that would be part of a release?  Are you proposing that this would be part
of the project's web-site?  Would that be true for *ALL* ASF projects that
end up with Eclipse plug-ins?  Is this something that goes into the ASF
Repository or some Eclipse-specific relative?  Should it ever be mirrored?

	--- Noel