incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [MyFaces] howto pass TCK for JSF (JSR #127)?
Date Sat, 15 Jan 2005 17:37:26 GMT
Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Ted brought up to this list, that MyFaces would like to release
> its first release inside of Apache. That would be the 1.0.8-beta.
> And beeing a TLP of ASF. All infos are visible here:
> http://tinyurl.com/69ecw
>
> However, our release is still beta, that's why we haven't passed TCK.
> BTW. Geronimo calls it milestones.
>
> So now we would like to get some infos
> on passing TCK for beeing a certified
> JavaServer Faces implementation.
>
> Does anyone have knowledge of this?
> Or, even better, pratical experiences? :-)

The first phase here will be for the ASF to obtain a TCK license from
Sun for this JSR. Your best contact for this is geirm at apache.org as
he has been through it for many other projects including Geronimo.

Once that has been done, you and other project members will be able to
run the TCK against a release candidate (or other build) to determine if
it passes. Once all tests pass, you can release it as a certified binary.

Depending on the TCK license, people who actually use Sun's TCK code may
need to enter into a non-disclosure agreement that says they will keep
Sun's code, tests and the test results confidential - this only affects
Sun's code and not Apache's. It sounds awkward but in practice works
fairly smoothly.

Congratulations on getting this far and good luck with the certification
process.

--
Jeremy