incubator-general mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: 'Stable' URL for podlings (Derby in particular)
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:57:52 GMT

Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>> The update system Eclipse uses requires stable (unchanging) URLs
>> for the plugins.  We'd like to get the Derby plugin for Eclipse
>> into that system, which means we'd like to see about getting a
>> URL which won't change when/if Derby graduates.
> In what address space?

In any persistent address a.o space at all.

> Are we talking about something that would be part of a release?

We're talking about something that's ready to be part of the eclipse
process now.  I don't know for sure, but I think it's beta.

> Are you proposing that this would be part of the project's web-site?

I'm not proposing anything at all; I'm asking.

> Would that be true for *ALL* ASF projects that
> end up with Eclipse plug-ins?

Beats me.

> Is this something that goes into the ASF Repository or some Eclipse-specific
> relative?

I think the Eclipse db points to wherever the plugins have their permanent
homes.  I don't think they get copied to Eclipse-space.

> Should it ever be mirrored?

After graduation, yes.
- --
#ken	P-)}