incubator-general mailing list archives

Subject Re: [JDO] Project Name
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:51:57 GMT
Surely Latin has not been forgotten in Germany ;-)

--                                                             --
Ken Kress
Information Technology
10 Valley Stream Parkway
Malvern, PA 19355
Phone: (484) 605-4834
Fax: (484) 595-5700

Reinhard Poetz <>
12/08/2004 02:49 PM
Please respond to general

        Subject:        Re: [JDO] Project Name

Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 December 2004 21:29, Brian McCallister wrote:
>>As there are no JDO lists (yet, just asked for them), I'll bring one
>>concern I have up here, which is the name.
> Apache Jay Dee Objects is really cool: Let me think of Jack Daniels :o)
> Seriously;
> Apache Datum project  (singular of Data)

Sounds strange and misleading for German speakers because Datum means

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

The information in this e-mail, and any attachment therein, is confidential and for use by
the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please return the e-mail to the
sender and delete it from your computer. Although the Bank of New York attempts to sweep e-mail
and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts
no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message