incubator-general mailing list archives

From kkr...@lkwd.com
Subject Re: [JDO] Project Name
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:51:57 GMT
Surely Latin has not been forgotten in Germany ;-)

--                                                             --
Ken Kress
Information Technology
Lockwood®
10 Valley Stream Parkway
Malvern, PA 19355
Phone: (484) 605-4834
Fax: (484) 595-5700
Email: kkress@lkwd.com

Reinhard Poetz <reinhard@apache.org>
12/08/2004 02:49 PM
Please respond to general

        To:     general@incubator.apache.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [JDO] Project Name

Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 December 2004 21:29, Brian McCallister wrote:
>
>>As there are no JDO lists (yet, just asked for them), I'll bring one
>>concern I have up here, which is the name.
>

> Apache Jay Dee Objects is really cool: Let me think of Jack Daniels :o)
>
> Seriously;
> Apache Datum project  (singular of Data)

Sounds strange and misleading for German speakers because Datum means
"date".

--
Reinhard