incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Derby release
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 03:11:39 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > For future reference --- no action item today --- please
> > don't put files in that location until after they've
> > been approved for release.  :-)

> For future reference, could you tell me if there is a
> location on www.apache.org or cvs.apache.org that IS an
> acceptable location to post proposed items?

At present, the Release Manager's ~/public_html.

This is really just a bit of a ticky-tack issue for Incubator projects,
since we never put anything under the official www.apache.org/dist release
area.  Other projects often stage under cvs.apache.org, but for the
Incubator, that *is* our "release" area, and we're just trying to maintain
some separation.

> > If the vote was on derby-dev@, please include a URL to the record.

> Maybe I went about this all backwards, but I posted the location of
> several binaries to derby-dev for comment and hashed out all the
> problems there first, then came to general@i.a.o to resolve any issues
> that the Incubator might have with them.

That's all fine, but it seemed to me that you were asking permission to do a
release, and my point was that you need to have a PPMC vote first.  :-)

> I had not had a formal vote to accept them on derby-dev,
> but I have done so since:

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=derby-dev@db.apache.org&
msgNo=1116

Looks good ... next time also post a message to general@incubator.apache.org
to make sure that the Incubator PMC (and others in general) know that such a
vote is occuring.

If no problems are raised before then, go ahead and post/announce anytime on
Friday (just to give people who are first reading today that there is a vote
some time to respond).  Since the files are already present, this is mostly
a no-op for you this time around.

Keep up the good work.

	--- Noel