incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: DB JDO new project
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 18:08:07 GMT
Hi Niclas,

The JSR license is a proposed Apache license for use with Java
Community Process (JCP) Reference Implementation projects.
http://jcp.org

The TCK license is a proposed Apache license for use with JCP
Technology Compatibility Kit projects.

Since JDO is a JSR http://java.sun.com/products/jdo/ and
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr012/index2.html, it
needs these licenses.

The licenses are special only in that they require that if a derivative
work is produced, you cannot call the derived work "the JDO RI" or "the
JDO TCK". We don't otherwise restrict what you can do with the code.

Regards,

Craig

On Dec 7, 2004, at 9:19 AM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> On Wednesday 08 December 2004 00:47, Craig Russell wrote:
>
>> The DB project voted to adopt JDO last week-end, and they suggested I
>> contact you to set up the resources for the project.
>
> Very interesting :o)
>
> Btw, what is the Apache JSR license and the Apache TCK license ??
>
> Cheers
> Niclas
> --
>   / http://www.dpml.net       /