incubator-general mailing list archives

From Raphaël Luta <raph...@apache.org>
Subject Can 'Graffiti' be used for a software project ?
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:59:41 GMT
Working with the JCMS team on the existing IP, we found that JCMS was not
a good name because a CMS package with this name already exists even
though it's
not trademarked in the US (Jalios JCMS).

The team wants to change the name to 'Graffiti' but of course there's
already a Palm
trademark on this name. (registered as IC:09 US:38) at USPTO.

My question is: what are the relevant trademark US classes to sort out
which names
are acceptable and which names are not ?

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
http://portals.apache.org/