incubator-general mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Nutch
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 09:39:47 GMT
+1 from me too, of course :)

The search.apache.org proposal is forthcoming.  I've drafted it at:

	http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/TopLevelProposal

I'll propose this to the Jakarta PMC in a day or so after we have a
chance for others to comment.

The link between Nutch and search.apache.org, while quite obviously the
proper way to do it, is not necessary.  The move of Lucene to TLP and
the incubation of Nutch I view as independent activities.  The
search.apache.org project should be in place long before Nutch is ready
to promote out of incubation.

	Erik