incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Dash, Surajit" <>
Subject RE: What to do with FTPServer and AltRMI
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 21:00:02 GMT

I'm confused after seeing this message. Does it mean FTPServer is no
longer a part of the Apache open source projects and will not be
supported in the developer community anymore?

We are planning to use the Incubator FTPServer as a production FTP
Server. Should we refrain from doing so. Also I have previously asked
some queries about the FTPServer and also opened some bugs for this app
in JIRA, looks like nobody is working on it anymore.

Let me know, if anybody has any insight.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicola Ken Barozzi []
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 5:55 AM
Subject: What to do with FTPServer and AltRMI

(please respond solely to

Depot incubation has stopped for lack of development and for lack of
will on my part to continue mentoring.

IMHO we now have to decide what to do with FTPServer and AltRMI, which
seem dormant and are in a similar state. In particular I'm asking this
to the Mentors and developers of these two projects.

In practice, given that we have decided to remove projects@i.a.o, should

I request the creation of separate mailing lists for these projects or

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: