incubator-general mailing list archives

From Gerard Toonstra <>
Subject Re: Evaluation of Project for Proposal Stage.
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:03:10 GMT

Hi David,

Thanks for the below information, that helps already.

I did read the documents, but they all seem written from the point in
time where the project is trying to find a champion or submit the proposal.
I couldn't really find any information what a project status should be
before this stage, so I was in doubt. A short list could be helpful to
make this clear.

At 00:34 26/11/2004, you wrote:
>It sounds like you have not yet gathered a community
>around your codebase. This is a requirement prior to
>entering incubation at the ASF.
>You would need to start a project somewhere, e.g.
>Gerard Toonstra wrote:
>>My consideration is to make a proposal for the Apache Incubator.
>>I'd like to talk to someone to see what work needs to be done to
>>get to the proposal stage and also to verify the compatibility of the
>>project with ASF. I have design / presentation material available
>>( non - technical ).
>>Is there anyone available who can help me out on this?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message