incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Agila] assigning tasks to groups of users
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2004 14:54:52 GMT
jastrachan@mac.com wrote:
> On 8 Nov 2004, at 18:53, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
>
>> I think we may be in violent agreement here :-)
>>
>> I think we should add some type of collective entity, I just hesitate
>> to call it a Group as that tends to be associated with a specific
>> model ( a relatively static set of users and other groups). Call it
>> Assignee or something and allow for more dynamic models :-)
>

> Cool; I'll submit a patch.
>
> Assignee sounds a bit vague; how about Workgroup, Role or Team?

That kind of leaves out the poor old individual user but I agree
Assignee is a weak name - better than "ThingToAssignTheTaskTo" I guess
although that could be refactored later :-)

Given those, Role would be my choice although that tends to get
overloaded as well. I have seen "Role" used by a few different business
communities so it may fit their world view well.

--
Jeremy