incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Globus @ Apache
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:20:40 GMT
"Steve Loughran" <steve.loughran@gmail.com> writes:

> Anyway -there is clear need for grid projects, Apache could become a
> host for this, but, like you say, it is potentially much bigger than
> just WS-*, which is simply one of the possible interconnect protocols.
>
> A high level grid.apache.org project could be a better place. However,
> that is a very major event.

I agree. Going forward that would make most sense .. for all the grid
stuff to get under one PMC. I see the WS project as being the base
for it, but not any more than say the XML project is the base for the
WS project.

However, I don't think we should do that yet. ApacheSOAP was started
under the XML project as was Axis. Later we moved to a new TLP. I
suggest we take the same path with the "grid" projects.

Sanjiva.