incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: which parts of a forrest project should be checked into svn for an incubator project site?
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 21:41:14 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> I'm trying to reduce derby site cruft.  I think only the forrest 'src'
> and 'build/site' hierarchies need to be checked into svn.

I have not seen the Derby SVN. The 'build/' directory
is generated by forrest, so it does not need to be
checked in to SVN.

The resulting docs are usually generated into "build/site/"
then you would copy them to your "site" respository
and commit them.

> In particular,
> I think that the 'build/webapp' hierarchy is not used by the incubator
> web server (it gets used by the jetty server bundled with forrest).
>
> Is this correct?
>
> If it is, I'll remove the build/webapp hierarchy from svn for the derby
> web site.
> If not, then I'll bring build/webapp up to date -- for I have been
> remiss in keeping it up to date.

This is another local directory which is created when one
does 'forrest run' locally to speed document editing and
local viewing via webapp. Again not needed in SVN.

See the top-level of the "incubator" svn for how it is configured
for the Incubator top-level website.

I will be travelling from now on, so it might be difficult
for me to follow up. It would be better to ask questions
on the forrest mailing lists.

See the top-level doc at infrastructure.a.o/howtoparticipate.html

--
David Crossley