incubator-general mailing list archives

From jastrac...@mac.com
Subject [Agila] assigning tasks to groups of users
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 15:08:35 GMT
Its very common with people workflow to assign a task to a group of
users (or a role) rather than assigning it to a specific individual
user. Then a user sees a list of all available tasks they could perform
- they then grab one ('locking it') and then execute the task or
releasing it back into the pool if they don't want to complete the
task.

Right now Agila uses a single UserID for assigning tasks. Unless I'm
missing something, it looks like Agila needs some kind of 'role' or
'group' entity so that users can grab tasks rather than a workflow just
assigning it directly to them. Or am I missing something subtle here?

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/