incubator-general mailing list archives

From thorsten <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OT] How to prevent abusing Apache priviliges
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2004 22:51:36 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> On 15 Oct 2004, at 02:11, thorsten wrote:
>
>> what if incubating mentors would abuse their powers to interfer with the
>> normal evolution of Apache incubation projects.
>

> Hm. That's quite some statement to make. Any fact to back that up?

Ok, I am not a native speaker but
...what if incubating mentors would abuse...
is a subjunctive! I did *not* say that they did or do!

Lets just asume that is just blue-skying!!!

> Of course, this could and should not happen - ever.

It *could* but it *should* not happen - ever.

It already could have happend but this is not the subject of the thread:
How to *prevent* abusing Apache priviliges (better: ~ in the future)

... Isn't someone supposed
> to disregard such pushy politics, whatever their origin is?

Yes!!! ...but that should be stated in some guideliness for incubating
projects. I suggest to report any such politics to a trusted board
member directly.

> But first and foremost, I'd like to know if and where this has been
> happening - because you seem to suggest so.

<snip>
El vie, 15-10-2004 a las 23:02, Dave Brondsema escribió:
A few weeks ago, many people encouraged Niclas Hedhman not to bring
 > private matters into the public here.
</snip>

If this had happend before and I would know about that I still would not
bring private matters into the public!!! I agree with Dave and others
that this would be the wrong approach.

<snip>
El vie, 15-10-2004 a las 02:36, Roy T. Fielding escribió:
Is this a rhetorical question, or do you have some specific example
 > in mind that you want corrected?  Keep in mind that mentors are human
 > too and they sometimes make mistakes.
</snip>

The aim of this thread is to set up rules to prevent such things from
happening in the future.

I do not thing that we could correct such abuse happend in the past. The
damage would have already been done and could be only be fixed by the
abusing mentor.

spot
thorsten