incubator-general mailing list archives

From thorsten <>
Subject Re: [OT] How to prevent abusing Apache priviliges
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2004 21:18:33 GMT
Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:
> Do you have a concrete case for this or is this just blue-skying?

Lets just asume that is just blue-skying!!!

The aim of this thread is to set up a set of rules to prevent such thing

I think about some *written* guideliness for Incubating Mentors and
developers that are starting to committ to incubating projects.

We have to make sure that everybody knows the rules and the consequences
in case of a violation of this rules.

Further we have to make sure that a new possible incubating committer
will know what to do if this situation is happening.

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 17:51, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:
 > Please report any such issue to the PMC of the incubator; or in
private to
 > any pmc member. If there are any trust issues with the PMC- please
 > any board member directly.

IMO that would be one rule.

> 	Regards
> 		Henning
> On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 02:11, thorsten wrote:
>>Hello lists,
>>what if incubating mentors would abuse their powers to interfer with the
>>normal evolution of Apache incubation projects.
>>I think that mentors could write off-list mails to possible committers
>>and discourage them to committ to a incubating projects. On the end this
>>mentor could recommend to the possible incubating committer to work on a
>>*NON* apache project instead of the incubating project.
>>I reckon we recommend to ban such mentors because they have not
>>understood the Apache way. I think they not deserve to carry a
>> branding. I am still learning that way but I know that we
>>are not a marketing place. If they not abusing their powers they are
>>welcome to help building a good community and good code.
>>I hope that we can make some rules in Apache to prevent that to happen.
>>I think a abuse of e.g. mentor powers should be punished by a ban! I
>>think we do not want that to happen here. So we should make sure that is
>>How can we make sure that this will not happen in the ASF?
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>>For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: