incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <>
Subject Re: Castle proposal
Date Sun, 03 Oct 2004 08:43:10 GMT
Hi all!

hammett wrote:
 > I've submitted the first draft for your appreciation.
 > Looking forward to hearing from you! :-)

I conditionally volunteer to mentor this project. I know Hammett as a
good developer and community player. While I don't know Rafael or Henry
(yet!), Hammett vouching for them makes me willing to give this a try.

The condition is as follows: being a C#|CLR|.Net project, I anticipate
there'll be some legal things to sort out at some point. I'd want
someone from the incubator team with more experience in that area to
volunteer to help out.

Hammett, Rafael, Henry, do realize you've got quite a bit of work cut
out for you here (oooh, a challenge!). The ASF as a whole is only just
"getting into" C#, and this is I think the first project shooting for
top-level. You guys are pioneers :-D. Past experience with incubation is
that it takes about 6 months to a year, and that's in the case where all
developers work hard on community building.

Finally, I saw something mentioned about "XProject" in the proposal.
Does that refer to Correct me
if I'm wrong, but that seems rather dead and empty. Why not just use jira?

- Leo

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message