incubator-general mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@4quarters.com>
Subject Re: Apache Agila : BPM engine
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 03:49:15 GMT
Sorry about delay - on the road this week...

On Oct 4, 2004, at 2:29 PM, Julian wrote:

> Geir,
>
> Thanks for the response.  Could you clarify a few more
> things for me?
>
>> The core engine is simple J2SE, depending on a set
>> of services to
>> provide functionality.
> So how hard would it be to make the system J2EE
> compliant?

Depends what you mean by "J2EE complaint".  I use the core engine
Gluecode's commercial product, which is J2EE.  I don't think it's hard.
  JMS for the message pump, SLSBs for the services, and will do EJBs for
persistence.

I don't think it's hard :)

>>> 3) Is there a graphical process designer?
>>
>> We have one in our commercial product, and will not
>> be giving that to
>> the ASF.  However, that means that there's plenty of
>> room in the
>> project for one :)  I'm totally +1 for seeing one
>> created here in the
>> project.
> sorry to hear that...it seems like this would really
> help foster adoption especially since the flow lanuage
> is not standards based.  any chances of changing your
> mind ;) ?

No :)

>   I must admit I find the jBPM server very attractive
> and am curious why one should choose this over jBPM.
> Could you help me out with some differentiating
> points?

I don't want to do that :)  Look at both, and choose which you want to
use.  jBPM is more mature, certainly, but Agaila presents quite a bit
of opportunity to shape into what's new and current.  Choose what makes
you happy.

geir@gluecode.com