incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Castle proposal
Date Sat, 02 Oct 2004 00:02:08 GMT
At 01:50 PM 10/1/2004, hammett wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I've submitted the first draft for your appreciation.
>http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/CastleProposal

FYI, the understanding of mono and the mod_aspdotnet projects
is that it's not a violation to connect to a Microsoft ASP.NET
implementation, but that some of the ASP.NET implementation
itself is trademarked, and best avoided.

Thus, the mod_aspdotnet project will restrict itself to the
interface into MS .NET, and mod_mono has chosen to release
two bundles, one international, one MS patent free.

The ASF is a US corp, so we are subject to any patent
considerations.  To the extent that Castle introduces new
or open frameworks, terrific!  But ASP.NET should be struck
from your list of portable implementations, IMHO.

Bill