incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: Castle proposal
Date Sat, 02 Oct 2004 00:02:08 GMT
At 01:50 PM 10/1/2004, hammett wrote:
>I've submitted the first draft for your appreciation.

FYI, the understanding of mono and the mod_aspdotnet projects
is that it's not a violation to connect to a Microsoft ASP.NET
implementation, but that some of the ASP.NET implementation
itself is trademarked, and best avoided.

Thus, the mod_aspdotnet project will restrict itself to the
interface into MS .NET, and mod_mono has chosen to release
two bundles, one international, one MS patent free.

The ASF is a US corp, so we are subject to any patent
considerations.  To the extent that Castle introduces new
or open frameworks, terrific!  But ASP.NET should be struck
from your list of portable implementations, IMHO.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message