incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: http://incubator.apache.org/projects/agila/
Date Sun, 03 Oct 2004 19:13:28 GMT
> We should create https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/agila, and
> move
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/site-publish/
> project
> s/agila to wherever under the agila project's structure you want to
> keep
> your site sources.  The same is true of the generated artifacts, which
> you
> will want to check out under /www/incubator.apache.org/agila/, so that
> the
> URL is incubator.apache.org/agila/.

I did that with Jackrabbit and it turns out to be a mistake -- the
generated website is five times larger than the source due to the
exponential effect of maven automation.

It is better to have incubator/agila/trunk
                                   ../tags
                                   ../branches
                                   ../site-publish

so that non-site developers don't need to update that baggage.

....Roy