incubator-general mailing list archives

From Neeraj Bajaj <Neeraj.Ba...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Donation of JAXP 1.3 Sources to Apache
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:22:42 GMT

David Crossley wrote:

>One thing that we must have this time around, is a
>version number on the xml-apis.jar filename. [1]
>I suppose that is an Xml-commons "build" issue.
>By the way, that build system is seriously in need
>of improvement,

This is something i can work with you when upgrading to JAXP 1.3
APIs.

>>As the sources would be put in a branch so it won't affect normal
>>development but it would be good if we can restrict
>>large chunk of changes to the main trunk and fix only critical changes.
>>It would help merging the changes back to main
>>trunk. What do others think ?
>>

>I am a little confused about your planned procedure.
>Are you suggesting to add a copy of the core code
>to Xerces/Xalan then moving it to Xml-commons later?

No.  We are donating JAXP 1.3 APIs + JAXP 1.3 (Reference Implmentation) RI.
JAXP 1.3 API will reside only at xml-commons.

JAXP 1.3 RI components will reside either on xerces/xalan.

>It worries me that we end up with copies.

I hope it is clear. Let me know if you see any issues.

Thanks,
Neeraj