incubator-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Re: Donation of JAXP 1.3 Sources to Apache
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:59:22 GMT
Neeraj Bajaj wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I was wondering when can we start merging the JAXP 1.3 sources ? Merging
> the code in branch/review/testing/committing to main trunk
> would take time so at least from my side i would like to see this work
> started as early as possible say from tomorrow.  What is the general
> procedure ? Is there any formality that needs to be completed first ?
> What is the opinion of
> (Xml-commons/Xerces/Xalan) committers ?

I'm assuming that this is something that XML-Commons/Xerces/Xalan wish
to do?

I've CCd general@incubator as well, as I'd like Noel's opinion, but my
feeling is that *if* the Xerces/Xalan and/or XML-Commons community want
this code to be imported (and it sounds like they do - but I'd like to
see that formalised), then the community side is already there.

If that's the case, then I don't think we need to go through the full
incubation process (Noel - thoughts appreciated!) - we only need a code
grant from Sun (we can't take something into our repository until we are
sure we have appropriate legal rights to do so) + someone needs to fill
out the incubation docs to show that everything is AOK.  I'm happy to
help out with the latter part.

Code grant details can be found at :

http://www.apache.org/licenses/#grants