incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <fer...@frii.com>
Subject Re: Apache Agila : BPM engine
Date Sat, 02 Oct 2004 09:27:59 GMT
Julian wrote:
> Geir,
>
> I have been evaluating BPM for some time now, and was
> just about to implement one when this happened.  I am
> now very curious and excited to see how Gluecode's
> engine was constructed.  There is little documentation
> on Gluecode's site so I would greatly appreciate any
> answers you can give to the following:
>
> 1) Does the engine run standalone or in a servlet
> container?
> 2) What process definition languages are supported
> (i.e. XPDL, BPEL-WS, etc.)?
> 3) Is there a graphical process designer?
> 4) Is there a webapp that can be prototyped? If so,
> can it manage "process driven wizards" (i.e. affect
> the page flow based on decisions made by the engine)?
> 5) Does the code support any of Wil van der Aalst's
> patterns
> (http://tmitwww.tm.tue.nl/research/patterns/)? If so
> how many?
>
> Again, please feel free to answer any of my questions.
>  I apologize for not being patient, but I find this
> terribly exciting!!

I'm curious to know how it compares to jBpm, OpenSymphony's OSWorkFlow
and ObjectWeb's Enhydra Shark. jBpm uses the ASL, OSWorkFlow uses the
ASL and Shark uses the LGPL. I believe each one of these has different
features than the other. I'd like to see a features matrix drawn up on
all four engines by someone who knows workflow better than me.

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print
unpack("u30","<0G)U8V4\\@4VYY9&5R\\"F9E<G)E=\\$\\!F<FEI+F-O;0\\`\\`");'