incubator-general mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <pruss...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposition: Twister WS-BPEL engine and Apache Agila
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:43:38 GMT
Guys,

On 26 Oct 2004, at 09:02, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> On Oct 26, 2004, at 3:27 AM, Matthieu Riou wrote:
>> Very practically,  what is the conclusion of this discussion ? :)
> Not sure if one is required.  I don't think solving the TLP problem is
> a good idea now because we're going to learn a lot more as time goes
> on.  I'm optimistic that we'll go that way at the end, but lets decide
> that later.  If we have enough size and strength to be a TLP, we do
> it.  If not, we don't. Until then, lets try and build some really
> great software and a great community.
> I do think that working to have BPEL implementation at the ASF is a
> great idea, and while I'm 100% committed to seeing it a part of Agila,
> it doesn't have to only be in Agila.  For example, we could have a
> BPEL engine as part of the project that can be used standalone or
> inside Agila.

Indeed! I might have missed some mails on this (personal infrastructure
problems -- was dropping lots of mails the beginning half of this
week), so forgive me if I'm covering old ground, but I'd advocate a
'test and learn' approach here -- Why don't we incubate the two
projects separately for a while. It'll become obvious if they should be
merged or not, and I can't see any reason why merging two projects in
the incubator would be a problem?

Does that seem reasonable, or am I being dumb?

Paul
--
Paul Russell
E-mail: prussell@apache.org