incubator-general mailing list archives

From "J Aaron Farr" <fa...@apache.org>
Subject RE: LGPL / Apache
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:21:25 GMT

No.

If Twister is "merged" with Agila, meaning it becomes part of an ASF Agila
project, then Twister will need to be re-licensed under the ASL.  This is
part of the incubation process.

Moreover the current policy here in the ASF is that java projects should
not import any other LGPL'd java code.  How the LGPL applies to Java is
somewhat ambigious and thus, for the time being, we'd rather not introduce
direct LGPL dependencies.  Hopefully this issue will be settled soon and
the policy changed.

jaaron