incubator-general mailing list archives

From Uijin Hong (홍의진) <heart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposition: Twister WS-BPEL engine and Apache Agila
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 05:41:54 GMT
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 05:20:09 +0600, Sanjiva Weerawarana
<sanjiva@opensource.lk> wrote:

> However, I think there's room in the WS project for an effort
> focused purely on implementing BPEL. BPEL is a key component of
> the WS-* stack and I for one would be happy to see a pure BPEL
> effort in Apache.

Same here. ;) I think that BPEL is the one of most important requirements
which BPM should have.

> In fact, IBM for one is moving its workflow product to support
> BPEL only and no other flow language. So workflow and WS
> orchestration are merged under BPEL.

Well...
I'm not sure whether this is the right place to talk about IBM thing...
but it's somehow related to Agila. so I'll give this a shot.

Is it official policy of IBM that supporting only BPEL
not any other 'process definition languages'?
Will there be NO chance of
IBM supporting 'WS-CDL' (http://www.w3.org/TR/ws-cdl-10/)?
Maybe I need some more homework though,
it seems like to me that WS-CDL has many to do with BPEL.
WS-CDL is as important as it's spec made in W3C.

I hope to see Agila(or Apache-BPM-engine)
could run both BPEL and WS-CDL.

--
Uijin Hong (홍의진)
http://runeconsulting.com/heartbit/