incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Idea of JCMS
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 01:24:57 GMT
"Rolf Kulemann" <roku@apache.org> writes:

> But JCMS also claims to support/use standards like JCR. AFAICS Slide
> does not support JCR. I do not know why, but I saw some posting giving
> me the feeling it was due to lack of collaboration between the former
> jcrri team and the Slide team.

I don't know the scope of these projects but ...

If the only problem is that Slide doesn't support a standard (that
presumably came after its inception) then I think the right thing to do
is to go and implement that standard on top of the existing codebase.

Is there some technical reason why that can't be done? If not we're not
living up to the community building spirit by creating, in effect, a
community which is designed to kill an existing community.

Sanjiva.