incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Mentor and Project Guide (WAS: RE: [OT] How to prevent...)
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 03:19:55 GMT
> Cliff Schmidt wrote:
>
> > I gave a 45-minute presentation on Apache and the Incubator at
> > the O'Reilly Open Source Convention last July.  If it's any use,
> > you can download the slides at:
> > http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2004/view/e_sess/5439
> > (.ppt format -- if there's any interest I can convert to html
> > or .pdf).

I tried to look with my old OpenOffice.org but the fonts
are jumbled. Please, html might have a chance.

It looks like it would be really useful as input to some
consolidated documentation.

Do you need to contribute it via the Incubator Jira issue tracker?

> > I'll be giving a similar presentation next month at ApacheCon.
> >
> > It's not nearly detailed enough for what you're talking about
> > doing (which is much needed...I've been meaning to do similar
> > work for months, but might need other energy like yours to
> > motivate me to prioritize it above other things going on in
> > life).  So, take what's useful out of it -- it's licensed under
> > Apache License v2

My feelings too. Doing this stuff enables others (including me)
to be more productive. There have been so many occasions when
i have wondered how to do things. No docs exist or are conflicting.
So i raise my priority on Incubator docs.

The guidelines are needed not only for new incubating projects,
but also for existing projects.

--
David Crossley