incubator-general mailing list archives

From "hammett" <hamm...@uol.com.br>
Subject Re: Castle proposal
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:55:51 GMT
Hello Cliff,

Yes, you're right. Aspect# and DynamicProxy discussions happens on sf.net
users mailing list:
Not heavy traffic but now that NHibernate project is doing some heavy tests
with it, more discussions should come.

Anyway, in Castle proposal, section 1.1.1.2 - Community, it's stated 'The
Aspect# project have three developers involved, and the Castle container has
only one. This incubation process has the objective of attract more
contributors, new ideas, new perceptions and even new use cases that will
drive our roadmap.'
And section 1.1.2.1 states 'We've been using our projects in commercial
applications to practice the eat-your-own-dog-food and consequently improve
the design and features as needed. However this is not enough and this
incubation process is exactly to make our community stronger.'

Thus we consider this incubation process as a attempt to build a community.
If we fail on this, we wont graduate, and neither we would like to graduate
without a community.

But now, if we should have a strong community to enter incubator, then we
will have to wait a few months :-(

Cheers,
hammett