incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Request for graduation and Lenya TLP
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:32:37 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:

> where the heck did the text for the resolution come from?
> This is like the third or fourth TLP resolution lately that
> I've seen which does NOT put "Apache" into the name of the
> PMC. I'm wondering how the heck that got started.  Every
> project needs to be named using the "Apache Foo" pattern.

My guess, since there isn't a posted template (the one that Rolf just
mentioned is not a template, but the Incubator's own resolution), is that
projects are cribbing from one another.  :-)  And hence replicating the same
errors.

Perhaps it is time that we did have a template.  :-)  We can also add to the
template some guidelines.

	--- Noel