incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Request for graduation and promotion to TLP
Date Sun, 19 Sep 2004 16:17:41 GMT
Gregor,

The Board meeting is coming up this week.  I have reminded that the Lenya
request is pending.  One thing that I notice, looking at the proposed Lenya
PMC, is the lack of names that the Board is likely to recognize.  This can
be a concern because PMCs are part of the legal fabric of the Foundation,
and PMC Chairs are Corporate Officers.

My suggestion to you, and to any project that wants to graduate to TLP
status, is that you ask your Mentors or other established ASF Members who
have participated actively during Incubation to participate on the initial
PMC.  That provides an extra degree of comfort to the Board.

	--- Noel