incubator-general mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Request for graduation and promotion to TLP
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2004 08:06:30 GMT
On 20 Sep 2004, at 08:57, Rolf Kulemann wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 18:17, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>
>> My suggestion to you, and to any project that wants to graduate to TLP
>> status, is that you ask your Mentors or other established ASF Members
>> who
>> have participated actively during Incubation to participate on the
>> initial
>> PMC.  That provides an extra degree of comfort to the Board.
>
> Yes. That makes sense. Our mentors are Stefano M. and Steven N.

Well, IIRC, technically speaking, it actually used to be Nicola &
Stefano, but during my late role of Cocoon PMC chair and given the lack
of active mentoring at that time I kinda made the leap and became a "de
facto" mentor. I hope my contributions during that episode were
helpful.

> Stefano and Steven, would you like to accompany the Lenya project
> further on as PMC members? I guess we really could need your help and
> experience beside the fact that the board "is likely to recognize".

I'm willing to sit on the PMC if that helps you guys - perhaps in a
"reactive" role rather than a more proactive one - due to time
constraints. I think Lenya has been making immense progress on the
community aspects. I'm still a bit doubtful whether "functional" apps
are suited for ASF adoption (I have a personal preference towards spec
implementations, libraries and frameworks), but I guess only Darwin has
the final say about this.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org