incubator-general mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <pruss...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Agila : BPM engine
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2004 07:50:11 GMT
Geir,

On 29 Sep 2004, at 19:27, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> Currently called "Apache Agila", it is a small, lightweight BPM engine
> that we have developed as the core of our BPM product.  BPM is an
> important part of the Java server-side stack, and we feel that this
> contribution will be a great 'seed' for a full-fledged BPM project at
> Apache.  At the ASF, you can find a fairly rich set of parts for an
> enterprise application stack, such as Geronimo, Tomcat, Derby,
> Jetspeed, Pluto et al, and now there's the addition of BPM.
[...]
> Anyway, this is a notice of what's happening, and an invitation to all
> to come and participate in the project.

If you're looking for volunteers, Count Me In..! I've been hoping
Apache would get into the BPM space, as I have an ongoing project which
is going to need a reliable BPM engine in the not-too-distant future. I
wouldn't claim to be a BPM expert, but I understand the fundamentals,
and have a very good grasp of what large enterprises need in a BPM
product.

Cheers,

Paul

--