incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: Request for graduation and promotion to TLP
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:31:48 GMT

Michael Wechner wrote:
> Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
>> Forrest is the classical documentation framework that is missing CMS
>> components. Lenya could profit from integrating forrest into itself to
>> the extense that both projects become one!
> I don't think this makes sense, because Lenya is not just about
> documentation, but on content management in general. I rather think
> that Lenya and Forrest should talk about interfaces and common
> components which would lead to consolidation

If Thorsten were right, Forrest qould have been a subproject of Cocoon...

>> IMO it would be a better idea for the lenya community to apply for
>> becoming a subproject of forrest rather than to be on their own and
>> looking for apache known names on a initial PMC list.

-1 (from a Forrest PMC member)

Overlap and interdependency from a code point are not valid reasons for
mixing diverse communities with different goals.

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: