incubator-general mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Request for graduation and promotion to TLP
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:53:42 GMT
Scherler, Thorsten wrote:

> I see an overlap between Forrest and Lenya.

yes, there is overlap: Forrest could be considered a publication/publet,
which could be based on Lenya for instance

> Forrest is the classical documentation framework that is missing CMS
> components. Lenya could profit from integrating forrest into itself to
> the extense that both projects become one!

I don't think this makes sense, because Lenya is not just about
documentation, but on content management in general. I rather think
that Lenya and Forrest should talk about interfaces and common
components which would lead to consolidation

> IMO it would be a better idea for the lenya community to apply for
> becoming a subproject of forrest rather than to be on their own and
> looking for apache known names on a initial PMC list.

to be honest, I don't fully understand why Lenya actually has to look
for apache known names. AFAIK many board members know Lenya committers,
the Lenya community is growing constantly, the Lenya community is
friendly and well-behaved, the number of people using Lenya is
constantly growing .... so where is the problem?

Please don't get me wrong, but I'm getting a bit tired about this FUD
thing or maybe I should just got to bed now ;-)

Michi

> thorsten

Michael Wechner