incubator-general mailing list archives

From Rolf Kulemann <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Request for graduation and promotion to TLP
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:29:22 GMT
On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 10:06, Steven Noels wrote:
> On 20 Sep 2004, at 08:57, Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 18:17, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> >>
> >> My suggestion to you, and to any project that wants to graduate to TLP
> >> status, is that you ask your Mentors or other established ASF Members
> >> who
> >> have participated actively during Incubation to participate on the
> >> initial
> >> PMC.  That provides an extra degree of comfort to the Board.
> >
> > Yes. That makes sense. Our mentors are Stefano M. and Steven N.
>
> Well, IIRC, technically speaking, it actually used to be Nicola &
> Stefano, but during my late role of Cocoon PMC chair and given the lack
> of active mentoring at that time I kinda made the leap and became a "de
> facto" mentor.

Uups, I forgot. Nicola is also invited to join the Lenya PMC and to help
us with "reactive" and wise contributions.

> I hope my contributions during that episode were
> helpful.

At least that :)

> > Stefano and Steven, would you like to accompany the Lenya project
> > further on as PMC members? I guess we really could need your help and
> > experience beside the fact that the board "is likely to recognize".
>
> I'm willing to sit on the PMC if that helps you guys - perhaps in a
> "reactive" role rather than a more proactive one - due to time
> constraints.

Thank you very much.

> I think Lenya has been making immense progress on the
> community aspects. I'm still a bit doubtful whether "functional" apps
> are suited for ASF adoption (I have a personal preference towards spec
> implementations, libraries and frameworks), but I guess only Darwin has
> the final say about this.

Interesting u say that. I also asked myself such questions. Lenya is
indeed quite high level compared to typical ASF projects.

However I found Lenya as an ASF (incubator) CMS project.....

--
Rolf Kulemann