incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept JCR for Incubation
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:55:46 GMT
hi michi,

> > Do you think it would make sense to make a session on this at "OSCOM 4
> > with Apache Track" or is it too early?
in my proposal for my session at oscom i already included the "jsr-170
and opensource" section and i intend to show the current state of the
ri.
do you think we should do anything beyond that?

> > It think there are some other CMS interested in this, e.g.
> > OpenCMS, MMBase, Cofax, Magnolia, etc. which are all Java based
> > systems.
sure, everybody is welcome at my session and of course contributions
to the jcr proposal in the incubator are very welcome.

> > Beside that I think it would make sense to open up JCR also for other
> > programming languages since there are actually more non-Java based CMS
> > out there than Java based ones. That doesn't mean one has to do it
> > right from the beginning, but at least keep it in mind.
> This is an open source project. You want something? roll
> your sleeves and get your hands dirty.
with respect to php i am happy to report that there is already a group
undertaking some efforts to port jsr-170 to php.
i will keep you posted as soon as i have news.

regards,
david