incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Incubation of iBATIS Data Mapper
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 04:15:22 GMT
Clinton,

I see that you have Ted Husted and Harish Krishnaswamy backing your
Incubation, as well as other enthusiastic people.  I see that our Jakarta
Commons Mapper project(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/mapper/)
has support for iBatis as well as other data mappers.  And you might want to
talk with our DB project and see what interest also comes from there.  Are
you familiar OJB (http://db.apache.org/ojb/)?

We also had a proposal from Robert McIntosh for something called Chameleon.
See:
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=general@incubator.apache
.org&msgId=1702588 for information on that proposal.  Chameleon ran into a
problem in that support hasn't emerged for it, but I am cc'ing Robert in
case there are some emerging synergies.

Would you compare and contrast iBatis with other similar technologies for
people who aren't yet familiar with iBatis?

	--- Noel